Building Permits & Inspections
Inspections may be scheduled via a voicemail system at 770- 920-7333 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The inspection usually happen within 24 hours of the request being made, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. The request portals are open 24/7, however, inspections will only be done Monday through Friday, except holidays. The cut-off time to schedule daily inspections is 7:30am weekdays.
- Building Permits are required for any structure 200 square feet or more
- Building Permits are required for exterior and interior renovations of structures
- Building and possibly Electrical Permits are required for commercial exterior signs depending on scope
- HVAC Permits (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) are required for any new or renovation work
- Plumbing Permits are required for any new or renovation work, lawn/irrigation systems, residential or commercial, require a permit
- Electrical Permits are required for any new or renovation work, this also includes, low voltage and security system.
Residential Building Permit Instructions in Spanish
Las instrucciones del permiso de edificio residencial estan dispenibles ahora en espanol. Usted puede tomar uno en el contador delantero en el departmento de servicios del desarrollo.
Douglas County Inspection Request
CALL 770-920-7333 or email: email@example.com
Yard Sale Permits
For yard sale permits, please call Pamela Daley at 770-920-7468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Donna Bennett at 770-920-7201 email@example.com. Permits are only issued the week of the yard sale and only Monday through Friday until 2pm each day.
Land Disturbance Certification
The state is requiring that all people involved in land disturbance have a certification. For information on the certification process please refer to the Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission website.
As of January 2nd, 2020 the Douglas County Board of Commissioners has adopted the following changes to the International Code Council codes and amendments to the State Minimum Standard Codes:
- 2008 National Green Building Standard (NGBS) with 2011 Amendments
- 2018 Edition of the International Property Maintenance Code with 2021 Amendments
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) w/ 2020, 2022, 2023 Supplements & Amendments
- 2020 Edition of the National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Building Code (IBC) with 2020 & 2022 Amendments
- 2018 International Fire Code (IFC)
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC) with 2020, 2022 Amendments
- 2018 International Green Construction Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (IMC) with 2020 Amendments
- 2018 International Performance Code for Buildings and Facilities
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (IPC) with 2020, 2002, 2023 Amendments
- 2018 International Residential Code (IRC) for One- and Two-Family Dwellings, with 2020 Amendments
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa w/2020 Amendment
Building Inspection Phone Line
Building Department Inspection requests whether by phone or email, are open 24/7, however inspections are only done Monday through Friday. We are closed on weekends and holidays.
Builders must have your State Contractor’s license, Business license and driver’s license in order to obtain a building permit from our department. If you have a qualifying agent that will obtain your permits, they must also provide their Qualifying Agent card, driver’s license and an affidavit with the specific property information, proper signatures and notarized in order to obtain a building permit.
If you have any questions, please contact the Building Department at 770-920-7201. You may also contact Builder’s Radius directly at 888-592-5336.
2023 Holiday Closings
The Building Department will be closed on the following business days:
Juneteenth - Monday, June 19, 2023
Independence Day - Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Labor Day - Monday, September 4, 2023
Veterans Day - Friday, November 10, 2023
Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 23, 2023
Day after Thanksgiving - Friday, November 24, 2023
Christmas Day - Monday, December 25, 2023
Day after Christmas - Tuesday, December 26, 2023