DOUGLAS COUNTY DEVELOPMENT SERVICES, ALONG WITH THE DOUGLAS COUNTY COURTHOUSE, WILL BE CLOSED ON FRIDAY, APRIL 7, 2023 IN OBSERVANCE OF GOOD FRIDAY. PLEASE HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY!
Development Services is responsible for directing the operations of:
- Building and Occupational Tax Department
- Codes Enforcement
- Development Control
- Planning and Zoning Department
- Administration of its departments
- Code enforcement
- Demographic and statistical compilation
- Maintenance of the county’s comprehensive land use plan
- Professional engineering
- Short and long range planning
- Subdivision and site plan review
- Supervisory work responsible for the proper planning, design and construction of infrastructure improvements as well as private development in Douglas County
Also included is the making of recommendations regarding the county’s Unified Development Code; and providing staff support to the Planning and Zoning Board, Board of Commissioners and other boards, commissions, committees or task forces as needed; and the review and presentation of comprehensive analytical reports to the Planning and Zoning Board and Board of Commissioners.