- County Departments - Administrative
- Senior Services
Matter of Balance Falls Prevention Graduating Class
Community Development Block Grant Information
DOUGLAS COUNTY SENIOR SERVICES HAS REVIEWED THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY AFFAIR'S ANALYSIS OF IMPEDIMENTS AND IS PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR REVIEW
TRANSPORTATION FOR COVID VACCINES
If you need transportation to get your Covid-19 vaccines or booster shot you can click on the link below.
More Help to Get Older Adults to Vaccine and Booster Appointments (ncoa.org)
Information on COVID-19 Vaccinations
- CDC has some helpful general information about COVID-19 vaccines located here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines.html.
- The press release about the expansion of phase 1-A of the vaccine roll out in Georgia is available here: https://dph.georgia.gov/press-releases/2020-12-30/more-georgians-become-eligible-receive-covid-19-vaccine.
- The following Georgia Department of Public Health website provides the phone number for the GA COVID-19 vaccine hotline and additional information about the vaccine and Georgia’s vaccination plan: https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-vaccine.
- Anyone can sign-up for email updates related to COVID-19 vaccinations via the sign-up information on our Cobb & Douglas Public Health website at http://www.cobbanddouglaspublichealth.com/ or http://www.cobbanddouglaspublichealth.com/covid-vaccine/..
Home-Proofing for COVID-19 and the Flu
Find out all there is to know about staying safe in the midst of the pandemic at TheSeniorList.com
“If you are 65 years of age or older, a resident of Douglas County, AND do NOT have internet access, Douglas County Senior Services may be able to assist you with making an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Those older adults who meet all of these criteria can call 770-489-3100 between the hours of 8:30 AM–2:30 PM to speak with a Douglas County Senior Services representative for further assistance.”
Senior Services provides a variety of services designed to promote and preserve the independence and integrity of older adults in Douglas County. The department’s vision is a community in which every older adult is able to maintain an independent lifestyle as long as possible without sacrificing their dignity or self-esteem.
Services are available to all Douglas County residents age 60 and older.