The Douglas County Finance Department is responsible for the overall financial services of the Douglas County Government and adheres to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Departmental responsibilities include:
- Accounts Payable - Vendor Payments
- Bank Reconciliations
- Budget Preparation and Implementation
- Financial Reporting Internally and Externally
- Long-term Financial Planning.
- Payroll Administration
- Receipt and recording of various revenues:
- Charges for services/fines and forfeitures
- Courts and law enforcement
- Grant monies
- Licenses and permits
- Local Option Sales Tax (LOST)
- Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST)
Emergency Medical System Billing Patient Information
- Ambulance bills may be paid in the Douglas County Finance Department.
- If services were rendered after May 1, 2015, please contact Credit Bureau Systems, Inc. DBA Ambulance Medical Billing 1-844-889-7701 or email Client Services
- If services were rendered prior to May 1, 2015, please contact Denise Wynn 770-920-7481.
For information, agendas and reports go to the Finance Committee page.
- Georgia Government Finance Officers’ Association (GGFAO)
GGFOA provides members from throughout Georgia with educational programs, technical referral network and information concerning legislation and accounting policies that may affect the finance professional.
- Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
GASB established a standard of financial accounting and reporting for State and local government entities. Its standards guide the preparation of external financial reports of those entities. The GASB function is important because external financial reporting can demonstrate financial accountability to the public and is the basis for investment, credit, and many legislative and regulatory decisions.
- Government Finance Officers’ Association (GFOA)
GFOA is the professional association of State/Provincial and local finance officers in the United States and Canada and has served the public finance profession since 1906. The association’s members are dedicated to the sound management of government financial resources.
2023 Proposed Budget Information
Below you will find the 2023 Proposed Budget for Douglas County.
2023 Proposed Budget Presentation
2022 Adopted Budget Information
FY 2022 Douglas County Budget Presentation
BOC Commission Meeting 12/14/21