Board of Commissioners
Legislative Commission Meetings
- Legislative Meeting on first Tuesday of the month at 10 am
- Joint Meeting with the Planning and Zoning Commission on the first Tuesday of the quarter at 6 pm
- Legislative Meeting on the third Tuesday of the month at 6 pm
- Currently due to COVID-19, Commission meetings have resumed in-person, however they are subject to be held virtually as needed. Citizens may view meetings live on dctv 23, if you are subscribers to Comcast Channel 23 or ATT Uverse, Channel 99 and online at dctv23.com, Douglas County Happenings Facebook page, dctv 23 Facebook page or www.celebratedouglascounty.com.
*Effective August 3, 2021, all Legislative Commission Meetings will resume in-person in Citizens Hall located at the Douglas County Courthouse.
Work Sessions will remain virtual via Zoom at this time.
* NOTICE OF ANNUAL BUDGET RETREAT
The Douglas County Board of Commissioners will hold their annual Budget Meeting on Friday, November 5, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. until approximately 4:00 p.m. to at the Lithia Springs Senior Center located at 7301 Groovers Lake Road, Lithia Springs, GA.
No official action will take place.
* NOVEMBER MEETING DATE CHANGES
Reminder - First Commission Meeting in November:
BOC Commission Meeting will be held Thursday, November 4, 2021 (10:00 a.m.) due to Election Day on Tuesday.
The BOC meetings previously scheduled for November 15th and 16th are revised as follows:
BOC Work Session will be held Tuesday, November 16 (10:00 a.m.)
BOC Commission Meeting will be held Wednesday, November 17 (6:00 p.m.)
*NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
No public hearings scheduled at this time.
- 10 am
- 1st and 3rd Monday on first Monday of the month (Note: last day of the month if the 1st falls on Tuesday).
- Currently due to COVID-19, ALL meetings are being held virtually. Citizens may view meetings live on Douglas County Happenings Facebook page.
As we continue with our virtual meetings, we invite the citizens to engage in Public Comment. Citizens may register to speak by emailing Lisa Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via voicemail at 770-920-7416. Please include your name, email address, phone # and topic in your request.
Work Session Deadline
Citizens have the option to register to speak at the Work Sessions. Please register by noon on Friday prior to Monday's Work Session. Citizens may access the meeting via Zoom by calling in through the following Conference Call-in #: 1-888 788 0099. Meeting ID and Passcodes are shown below:
October 4, 2021 (10:00 a.m.) Meeting ID: 929 6528 8360, Passcode: 771945
October 18, 2021 (10:00 a.m.) Meeting ID: 964 9345 0607, Passcode: 987330
*Note: It is not required to pre-register to speak at the Work Sessions. Citizens will have the opportunity to speak by calling in.
Legislative Commission Meeting Deadline
Beginning August 3rd, all Commission Meetings will be held in person in Citizens Hall. Citizens may register in person at least 15 minutes prior the start of the meeting or may pre-register by contacting the county Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Monday prior to Tuesday's meeting.
As a reminder, the public is invited to comment on any topic at the Work Session, however, comments for the Commission Meeting on Tuesday shall be germane to the agenda. In an effort to provide adequate time for Citizens to register, the Work Session agenda will be published online on Thursday by 5:00 p.m. (prior to Monday's Work Session). The Commission Meeting agenda will be published on Monday (as soon as possible following the Work Session).
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are subject to change after publication by a motion of any Commissioner during the legislative meeting, and agenda items may be tabled by motion during the meeting.
Minutes of Board of Commissioners’ meetings are available from the County Clerk after their approval.
Current BOC Meetings
Archived Meeting Videos
County Codes and Ordinances
Go to Municode, each chapter will be listed and you can download from this page.