Board of Commissioners
Legislative Commission Meetings
- Legislative Meeting on first Tuesday of the month at 10 am
- Joint Meeting with the Planning and Zoning Commission on the first Tuesday of the quarter at 6 pm
- Legislative Meeting on the third Tuesday of the month at 6 pm
- Currently due to COVID-19, ALL meetings are being held virtually. Citizens may view meetings live on dctv 23, if you are subscribers to Comcast Channel 23 or ATT Uverse, Channel 99 and online at dctv23.com, Douglas County Happenings Facebook page, dctv 23 Facebook page or www.celebratedouglascounty.com.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Douglas County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, during the regularly scheduled 10:00 a.m. Commission Meeting, to be held virtually, to consider changing the street name of Dawn Foods Parkway to Bakers Lane. The public is invited to provide comments and participate in the virtual public hearing by calling in through the Conference Call-in #: (229-302-4628), Conference ID: (666 518 984#). Citizens desiring to access via Microsoft Teams, please register with the County Clerk, Lisa Watson, via email (email@example.com) or by calling 770-920-7416, by 4:00 pm on Monday, May 3, 2021 to receive a Microsoft Teams invitation. Please include your name, email address, and phone #.
- 10 am
- 1st and 3rd Monday on first Monday of the month (Note: last day of the month if the 1st falls on Tuesday).
- Currently due to COVID-19, ALL meetings are being held virtually. Citizens may view meetings live on Douglas County Happenings Facebook page.
As we continue with our virtual meetings, we invite the citizens to engage in Public Comment. Citizens may register to speak by emailing Lisa Watson or via voicemail at 770-920-7416. Please include your name, email address, phone # and topic in your request.
Work Session Deadline
Register by noon on Friday prior to Monday's Work Session. Citizens may access the meeting via Microsoft Teams (by invitation) or by calling in through the following the Conference Call-in #: 229-302-4628, Conference ID: 843 745 814# .
Commission Meeting Deadline
Register by 5:00 p.m. on Monday prior to Tuesday's Commission Meeting. Citizens may access the meeting via Microsoft Teams (by invitation) or by calling in through the following Conference Call-in# is: 229-302-4628; Conference ID: 666 518 984# .
As a reminder, the public is invited to comment on any topic at the Work Session, however comments for the Commission Meeting on Tuesday shall be germane to the agenda. In an effort to provide adequate time for Citizens to register, the Work Session agenda will be published online on Thursday by 5:00 p.m. (prior to Monday's Work Session). The Commission Meeting agenda will be published on Monday (as soon as possible following the Work Session).
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are subject to change after publication by a motion of any Commissioner during the legislative meeting, and agenda items may be tabled by motion during the meeting.
Minutes of Board of Commissioners’ meetings are available from the County Clerk after their approval.
Current BOC Meetings
Archived Meeting Videos
County Codes and Ordinances
Go to Municode, each chapter will be listed and you can download from this page.