Board of Commissioners
Legislative Commission Meetings
- Legislative Meeting on first Tuesday of the month at 10 am
- Joint Meeting with the Planning and Zoning Commission on the first Tuesday of the quarter at 6 pm
- Legislative Meeting on the third Tuesday of the month at 6 pm
- Currently due to COVID-19, ALL meetings are being held virtually. Citizens may view meetings live on dctv 23, if you are subscribers to Comcast Channel 23 or ATT Uverse, Channel 99 and online at dctv23.com, Douglas County Happenings Facebook page, dctv 23 Facebook page or www.celebratedouglascounty.com.
*Effective August 3, 2021, all Legislative Commission Meetings will resume in-person in Citizens Hall located at the Douglas County Courthouse.
Work Sessions will remain virtual via Zoom at this time.
*Due to the Labor Day holiday, the September meetings have been moved up one week as follows:
Work Sessions: August 30 and September 13
Commission Meetings: August 31 and September 14
- 10 am
- 1st and 3rd Monday on first Monday of the month (Note: last day of the month if the 1st falls on Tuesday).
- Currently due to COVID-19, ALL meetings are being held virtually. Citizens may view meetings live on Douglas County Happenings Facebook page.
As we continue with our virtual meetings, we invite the citizens to engage in Public Comment. Citizens may register to speak by emailing Lisa Watson or via voicemail at 770-920-7416. Please include your name, email address, phone # and topic in your request.
Work Session Deadline
Register by noon on Friday prior to Monday's Work Session. Citizens may access the meeting via Zoom (by invitation) or by calling in through the following Conference Call-in #: 1-888 788 0099 , Meeting ID: 946 0249 2720, Passcode: 329376 (for the July 19th meeting)
Commission Meeting Deadline
Register by 5:00 p.m. on Monday prior to Tuesday's Commission Meeting. Citizens may access the meeting via Zoom (by invitation) or by calling in through the following Conference Call-in # 1-888-788-0099; Meeting ID: 958 9712 1663 , Passcode: 694704 (for the July 20th meeting)
As a reminder, the public is invited to comment on any topic at the Work Session, however, comments for the Commission Meeting on Tuesday shall be germane to the agenda. In an effort to provide adequate time for Citizens to register, the Work Session agenda will be published online on Thursday by 5:00 p.m. (prior to Monday's Work Session). The Commission Meeting agenda will be published on Monday (as soon as possible following the Work Session).
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are subject to change after publication by a motion of any Commissioner during the legislative meeting, and agenda items may be tabled by motion during the meeting.
Minutes of Board of Commissioners’ meetings are available from the County Clerk after their approval.
Current BOC Meetings
Archived Meeting Videos
County Codes and Ordinances
Go to Municode, each chapter will be listed and you can download from this page.