Veterans Day Parade Information
Parade Rules and Regulations
- This is a parade with a purpose: to honor the US Flag, our veterans and our active military. Other promotions are not allowed in the parade. All parade units are required to be in compliance with the purpose. No political candidates or signage is allowed in the parade.
- The parade is designed and parade entries will be placed. You may not change your parade line-up location without prior approval of the parade organizers. Parade design includes music to not overlap, walking units to not be overtaken by vehicles, US Flag protocols, etc.
- All vehicles must be decorated.
- Parade units may not throw candy or other items from moving vehicles or floats. Parade entries may distribute these types of items from people walking alongside the vehicles or floats. No promotional, fund- raising or political items may be distributed.
- Persons riding in vehicles or floats must be secured from falling. Floats with riders must contain railings.
- The parade route is as follows:
- line-up in the front and side parking lots of Douglas County High School, 8705 Campbellton Street
- parade proceeds out the front driveway and goes north on Campbellton Street
- performance/television filming area is on Campbellton Street between Spring Street and Church Street between BB&T Bank and Regions Bank
- parade turns west on Church Street through downtown Douglasville
- parade turns south on Bowden, Woodrow and Campbellton back to the high school parking lots.
- All units must have signage or a banner identifying the group.
- Flag etiquette will be observed at all times.
- Political entries, signs and/or statements will not be allowed.
- Waiver and Release: All parade entry persons, businesses and organizations hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Douglas County Board of Commissioners, its employees, contractors and volunteers from personal injury or property damage occurring to the entry and any personal injury or property damage to any third person or entity arising out of directly or indirectly by the participation in the parade. The parade entry assumes all risks and liabilities incurred for its members and groups.
- There is no cost to be in the parade. However, all entries must have prior approval from the Douglas County Administration, and all parade entries must comply with the information submitted in their parade entry application.
Complete and sign the Parade Entry Application and return to: Douglas County Constituent Services Department
Attn: Wendy Caudle
8700 Hospital Drive
Douglasville, GA 30134
All entries must be received on or before Monday, October 30th, to be included in the parade.
Parade Participation Application
Application is now CLOSED. We thank you for your participation and hope to see you November 11, 2023 at 11am.