The National Weather Service has issued the following severe weather outlook.
The strong to severe storm threat continues today into tonight with a few other disturbances ahead of a cold front. Below are the updates to the expected particular main hazards and timing.
- A Flash Flood Watch (slightly expanded since yesterday evening) is in effect through tonight across north GA and portions of central GA.
- The Enhanced and Slight Risks have some slight adjustments and expansions across parts of the area.
- Several rounds of strong to severe storms are possible today into tonight - see timing below
· Damaging Wind Gusts >60 mph
· Locally Heavy Rainfall/Flash Flooding & Frequent Lightning
· Isolated Tornadoes
· Isolated Large Hail
- First round mid morning to afternoon across mainly north GA
- Second round (likely stronger) this evening into early morning across both north and central GA
· 1-2" with locally higher in north and west (on top of previous 1-3" and locally higher)