Community Invited to Offer Feedback on the Forecast of Douglas County Transit
DOUGLAS COUNTY, GA. (March 31, 2023) – Douglas County recently launched its 2023 Transit Master Plan (TMP), in partnership with the Atlanta-Region Transit Link Authority (ATL), to provide a comprehensive vision for the Douglas County transit system. The Transit Master Plan will also identify the transit needs and opportunities of the county to short-, mid-, and long-term transit priorities. By aiding communities in developing a transit vision, the Douglas County Transit Master Plan will evaluate transit alternatives that move the community closer to fulfilling its public transportation needs. This Transit Master Plan will lay the foundation for partnerships to successfully address transit needs that best support the county’s continued growth and economic development.
Douglas County invites stakeholders who live or work, in the community, to join the conversation on the future of transit by participating in the upcoming Transit Master Plan surveys available at connectdouglas.com/DouglasCountyTMP. The Douglas County Transit Master Plan will balance the technical analysis with a robust public engagement process.
Gaining public input is vital to the planning process, and there will be extensive community outreach to solicit public input and engagement. Recommendations will be shaped by feedback from the public through public meetings and workshops, website and social media, online surveys, and other methods.
The Transit Master Plan is a year-long study consisting of the following key phases:
· Evaluate current transportation conditions and build off previous Douglas County studies, including the County Comprehensive Plan (2018) and Comprehensive Transportation Plan (2021).
· Gauge current transportation needs through public and stakeholder engagement to develop a vision with supporting goals and targets for the Transit Master Plan.
· Shape the overall future direction of the Transit Master Plan to serve as a basis from which improvements and investments are identified and prioritized.
· Assess and document potential funding opportunities for future transit improvements in Douglas County.
· Create a blueprint that addresses public transportation needs of the County while also leveraging available funding to increase ridership and improve performance.
A team of consultants, led by RS&H, is working with Douglas County staff to develop the Douglas County Transit Master Plan. This team of project leaders are working collectively with elected officials, state and regional partners, and officials throughout Douglas County and adjacent communities to facilitate the Transit Master Plan process and identify priorities.