CONNECT DOUGLAS DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE
PUBLIC HEARING SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY, JUNE 6
As a recipient of grant funds from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Connect Douglas Transit Services is required to establish three-year goals for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) participation in its federally funded project in accordance with FTA guidelines (49CFRPart 26). Connect Douglas has established a DBE Triennial Participation Goal for FY 2024 – 2026 at 2.63% of federal funds or approximately $45,446.
The DBE Program/Policy was initially adopted by the Douglas County Board of Commissioners in 1999 to ensure that DBEs as defined have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in Department of Transportation assisted contracts.
As part of its goal-setting process, Connect Douglas will be holding a public hearing on Tuesday, June 6 during the 10 a.m. Douglas County Board of Commissioners meeting at the Douglas County Courthouse at 8700 Hospital Drive, Douglasville, GA 30134. Direct access to the Douglas County Courthouse is available on the Connect Douglas Fixed Routes 10, 20, 40.
After the June 6 public hearing, Connect Douglas will accept public input on the DBE goal setting during a 45-day public comment period. Connect Douglas will also hold at least one in-person public forum to further explain the DBE goal methodology and seek additional comments and questions. The proposed FY 2024 – 2026 DBE Triennial Participation Goal and upcoming public forums will be posted on connectdouglas.com.
The County will accept public comments via email, in-person, and mail. All comments, questions or concerns may be submitted via email to email@example.com or in-person and mailed to Connect Douglas Attn: DBE Liaison 8800 Dorris Road, Douglasville, GA 30134.
About Connect Douglas Fixed Route Bus
Connect Douglas, the commuter-focused public transit program of the Douglas County Board of Commissioners through its Department of Multi-Modal Transportation Services.
Connect Douglas operates public bus services within Douglas County on four fixed routes. Each of the operating buses are handicapped accessible and equipped with FREE Wi-Fi and security cameras for riders. FREE transfer tickets to other bus routes upon request from the driver. Weekly operations of the Fixed Route Bus service on the current Saturday schedule of 7:00am – 8:00pm.
- Route 10 & Route 20: Serves downtown Douglasville and the Highway 5/Stewart Parkway/Douglas Boulevard/Hospital Drive area.
- Route 30: Serves Thornton Road south of I-20 and Riverside Drive west to American Red Cross and Tributary.
- Route 40: Serves downtown Lithia Springs and connects the Douglasville Routes 10 and 20 to the Thornton Road/Riverside Route 30. Route 40 also connects with CobbLinc to provide access to the Atlanta H.E. Holmes MARTA station.
- Flex Route: The bus can deviate from the designated route to pick up a rider within one mile of the Fixed Route area. Pick up must be scheduled.
- ADA Paratransit: ADA Paratransit bus service is available to persons with disabilities that operates within a one-mile radius of Fixed Route service. A simple certification must be completed and an ADA Paratransit trip scheduled.
Fixed Route Bus Fares
- $2.50 – Standard one-way pass
- $1.00 – Students, senior adults, individuals with disabilities
- $25.00 – 10-day trip pass
- $75.00 – 31-day pass
- Additional discounts available on multi-trip passes for students, senior adults 60yrs+, individuals with disabilities.
For route schedules and more information visit ConnectDouglas.com or call 770-949-7665.
Stay connected on Facebook and Instagram @connectdouglas or PassioGo!
in the Apple App or Google Play Store.